Cross-border commuters

Cross-border commuters are people who work in Switzerland and live abroad.

Health insurance

Cross-border commuters are required in principle to be covered by health insurance in Switzerland and must get themselves insured with a recognized Swiss health insurer within three months. According to bilateral agreements with the EU, there are exceptions e.g. for cross-border commuters from Germany and France. These people can choose whether they want to remain insured in their country of residence or in Switzerland. Responsibility lies with the relevant offices of your place of work, where you can also obtain further information.

Responsible offices

Aargau (AG)
Gemeinsame Einrichtung KVG, Solothurn
+41 32 625 30 77

Basel-Stadt (BS)
Gemeinsame Einrichtung KVG, Solothurn
+41 32 625 30 77

Basel-Landschaft (BL)
Volkswirtschafts- und Gesundheitsdirektion, Liestal
+41 61 552 59 09

Bern (BE)
Amt für Sozialversicherungen, Ostermundigen
+41 844 80 08 84

Fribourg (FR)
Einwohnerkontrolle Fribourg, Rathausplatz 3, Fribourg
+41 26 351 71 11

Tessin (TI)
Ufficio dei contributi, Settore obbligo assicurativo, Bellinzona
+41 91 821 91 11

Waadt (VD)
Office vaudois de l'assurance maladie, Lausanne
+41 21 557 47 47

Zug (ZG)
Einwohnerkontrolle Zug, Zug
+41 41 728 22 00

Zürich (ZH)
Gesundsheitsdirektion, Zürich
+41 43 259 24 38 

Property insurance

As a cross-border commuter you must in principle continue your insurance in your country of residence.

Advantageous conditions

You, your family, or your partner can benefit from advantageous conditions in a wide variety of insurance plans. Please don’t hesitate to request an offer from us – no strings attached.


Our consulting is provided according to objective criteria, based on the information provided by associates. Responsibility for the final decision on whether or not to conclude an insurance agreement lies exclusively with the associates themselves.